Episode 56 – March 15th Sermon Q&A
If you’re a listener, or subscriber, give us a shout-out and send us a text (and text more questions) to (760) 814-1223.
Questions & Timestamps:
- @ 24:31 – Another followup: What I don’t understand is this: less than a hundred years ago, women couldn’t wear pants because culture dictated that those were men’s clothes, but now it’s obviously not a big deal, even among most Christians. If our culture eventually relaxes the standard about men wearing dresses (because they’re pretty comfy), will this cease to be an issue in the church like it did with women and pants? Is a girl being a tomboy and wearing boys’ clothes (which I did for a while growing up with four brothers) different at the root than a boy wearing girls clothes? Is most of the problem simply because of all the other stuff going on with transgender issues right now that makes it stickier? Or do you think it’s inherently different?
- @ 31:39 – Are there other books—besides the Bible—that talk about the exodus from Egypt?
- @ 33:34 – Can you explain a bit more about “Common Grace.”
- @ 34:45 – Matthew 18:34-35 speaks of not only forgiving, but doing so from my heart. I have a sister who I have been praying about. I love her dearly, but I have found that when I trust her, she cannot help but gossip and turn people one against the other. I’ve forgiven her again and again, but can I truly forgive someone from my heart if I learn that they simply cannot be trusted? I feel as though I love her despite her many betrayals, but can I truly love and forgive someone wholly without being willing to start again with a clean slate? Isn’t that more like allowing myself to knowingly be taken advantage of?
- @ 43:21 – What does “Apocalypse” mean in the Bible?
- @45:18 – In Matt 16:18, right after Simon Peter says, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God”, Jesus responds “… on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it.” What did the word Church mean at that time? We think of the Church as beginning later, after Christ’s resurrection.
- @ 51:53 – I do believe that God lives in our hearts. If the church is just a building where Christians meet, then why did Jesus say, when His parents found Him in the temple “But why did you need to search?” he asked. “Didn’t you know that I must be in my Father’s house?” Luke 2:49 NLT.
Subscribe to the Podcast at…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!