https://pastormiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/questions_podcast_logo_1400x1400.png 1408 1400 milesdebenedictis https://pastormiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/pm_logo_color.svg milesdebenedictis2019-10-30 16:00:482019-10-30 17:12:12Episode 37 – October 27th Sermon Q&A
If you’re a listener, or subscriber, give us a shout-out and send us a text (and text more questions) to (760) 814-1223.
Questions & Timestamps:
- @ 12:33 – Does Satan have the ability to inflict people with sickness, disease etc? If he does, do also his demons. And if he or they do, is permission from God necessary?
- @ 15:24 – Pastor Guzik’s Bible Commentary on Job 1 said that “God’s purpose for Job’s suffering was a tool to teach angelic beings. Job made known the manifold wisdom of God to the principalities and powers in heavenly places.” Who were these “beings” and what was accomplished by doing this?
- @ 27:13 – Would our Church allow a female to teach/preach a message in a Sunday service?
- @ 33:08 – Why is monogamy a Christian tradition and typically the law of all “Christian” nations yet polygamy was practiced and not discouraged in the Bible. When did this fad go out of style?
- @ 39:24 – What does the life of a pastor look like? Do you watch rated R movies? Listen to secular music? Utter the occasional curse-word?
- @ 49:41 – Are Job’s children in Heaven?
- @ 50:07 – Do you believe there are modern-day demon possessions? Along the same vein, are there modern-day prophets?
- @ 57:14 – I listened to Pastor Miles discuss HEDONISM in regard to John Piper. I looked the word up and gave very general definitions. “It is the belief that pleasure or the absence of pain is the most important principle in determining the morality of a potential course of action. Various theories of conduct are the sole or chief good of life. You said Piper said obtaining joy is important.