Episode 31 – September 8th Sermon Q&A
If you’re a listener, or subscriber, give us a shout-out and send us a text (and text more questions) to (760) 814-1223.
Questions & Timestamps:
- @ 20:31 – I was wondering what your opinion is of Rick Warren and if his book The Purpose Driven Life-What on Earth am I here for?… would it be a good book to give to an unsaved family member?
- @ 24:47 – What is Cross Connection’s position on the rapture? Pre-tribulation, mid tribulation or post tribulation. Why does the church hold that position and are there specific scriptures that support this position? (Pastor Miles’ message on Humble Eschatology can be found here)
- @ 33:09 – You mentioned that 2 John was written from Ephesus. What city was it written to?
- @ 35:08 – How can I extend grace in a hostile work environment with managers who only care about productivity not the well being of their employees? Should I just leave?
- @ 40:20 – As we’re going through the New Testament will we be studying Revelation at some point?
- @ 42:36 – In 1 Corinthians 15:20-23 Paul speaks about the dead “sleeping” until Christ comes again. “:23 But there is an order to this resurrection: Christ was raised as the first of the harvest; then all who belong to Christ will be raised when he comes back.“ Do we go to heaven right when we die or do we ‘sleep’ until Jesus’ second coming?” If we ‘sleep’, how can we feel good about our or our loved one’s death? Yes we would be resurrected with Jesus, but gives little comfort now.
- @ 49:05 – Do you have an opinion about the recent news regarding Benny Hinn?
- @ 54:12 – The gospels give a lot of examples of Jesus healing people, do we (Cross Connection) believe that healing still is for today and is still important?
- @ 56:02 – Why does the Catholic Church do communion every week and we do it every 7 weeks? Is that a Protestant thing or a biblical thing?
- @ 57:21 – How were Jesus 12 disciples “saved?” Was it the same way as those who believed in the coming Messiah from the Old Testament?
Subscribe to the Podcast at…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Thanks for posting the link to your teaching “Humble Eschatology”. It was a great reminder of focusing on the essentials and pursuing unity in the body of Christ.