Episode 28 – August 18th Sermon Q&A
If you’re a listener, or subscriber, give us a shout-out and send us a text (and text more questions) to (760) 814-1223.
Questions & Timestamps:
- @ 10:34 – Which ‘love’ definitions are used in 1 John 5:1?
- @ 14:25 – So if I love someone, that doesn’t necessarily mean that I have to like them or like what that person is doing, right? (So long as I treat them lovingly still.)
- @ 22:18 – I was wondering if you’ve heard of ” spiritual formation “. If so, what is it… and most importantly… is it Biblical?
- @ 37:28 – It seems there’s been some “prominent” Christians mentioned in the media recently who have “walked away” from their faith. We read in the 1 Timothy 4:1 “now the Spirit Expressively says that in later time some will depart from the faith giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons”. Along with praying what should be our response as brothers and sisters in Christ as we see this happening in our circle of friends? Do we separate ourselves? Do we try to come alongside them? I appreciate your insight and any other scriptures that would increase our knowledge of how to live in these latter days.
- @ 40:02 – If love is not a “mushy sentimentality” does that mean that love is emotionless?
- @ 49:46 – What does it mean that “love does not rejoice in injustice” in 1 Corinthians 13?
- @ 54:34 – If John was writing to come against counterfeit Christian leaders 2,000 years ago, what sort of counterfeits are there today?
- @ 56:40 – How are we supposed to love people and also stand up against sin, or stand for righteousness, and not come across as hateful?
Subscribe to the Podcast at…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!