https://pastormiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/questions_podcast_logo_1400x1400.png 1408 1400 milesdebenedictis https://pastormiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/pm_logo_color.svg milesdebenedictis2019-08-08 16:30:192019-08-08 17:34:58Episode 26 – August 4th Sermon Q&A
If you’re a listener, or subscriber, give us a shout-out and send us a text (and text more questions) to (760) 814-1223.
Questions & Timestamps:
- @ 11:28 – Do all of our thoughts come to us from another spirt, or outside of us? Or do we come up with them?
- @ 17:59 – If the Gnostics believed Jesus never came in the flesh what did they do with the crucifixion account?
- @ 24:28 – This question came up in our connect group in reference to 1 Corinthians 11. Do women have to have their head covered in church or was this specific to the people of that time?
- @ 28:41 – How do we judge messages from thinkers that don’t necessarily pass John’s 3-step spiritual verification test? I have read the writings of many thinkers whose work on purpose and morality have lent clarity to how I perceive reality, but I do not think the writers themselves align squarely with the Christian view and often their philosophy requires some reconciling with the Christian message. Some examples in mind: Jordan Peterson, Jonathan Haidt, and Nietzsche.
5. If it is true that we shouldn’t trust false prophets, why would you recommend we read Nietzsche.