If you’re a listener, or subscriber, give us a shout-out and send us a text (and text more questions) to (760) 814-1223.
Questions & Timestamps:
- @ 16:53 – Tax collectors of the bible. Were they reps of the Roman govt. or were they an early version of the Mafia who worked thru extortion.
- @ 24:16 – I was just reading Isaiah 45 1-7. I know this is prophecy (fulfilled?) but I am struggling with verse 7. You always say God brings order from chaos, but here it says “I form light and create darkness; I make well-being and create calamity…”. Ugh, I thought it was the devil that did these things. Have I been guilty of trying to whitewash our Lord, or am misreading the text or misapplying it?
- @ 31:06 – Is there a difference between sex and gender. There’s a lot of talk about gender identity. What does the Bible have to say about this?
- @ 43:22 – You’ve mentioned the creation of Adam and Eve several times over the last few weeks. Two questions. Do you believe in a literal 6-day creation and young earth, or a different view? Second, when God made Eve, did he make her less than Adam, or place Adam above her? It seems like the Bible could endorse sexism?
- @ 59:06 – In the message you said that God doesn’t intend for us to be alone or in isolation, and that life is better together. But I’m an introvert and would rather not be around people. I feel like I could do just fine alone.
- @ 1:01:24 – Sin brings brokenness, division, and separation. If I am separated from a family member, what is the best way to deal with that?
- @ 1:08:56 – I was a member at a church that had home fellowships, and we had Bible Studies. Why don’t you do a Bible study at the Connect Groups?