Episode 49 – January 26th Sermon Q&A
If you’re a listener, or subscriber, give us a shout-out and send us a text (and text more questions) to (760) 814-1223.
Questions & Timestamps:
- @ 9:58 – In verse 4 in New King James it says Moses killed the kings of Amorites and the king of the Bashan, I the English Standard Version it says defeated. If a person did no know that God told Moses to kill everyone when going into battle. I would think that if some one was using the English Standard Version only they would be getting confused if listening to someone is teaching out of the New King James. ( kill and defeated have deferent definition). My personal thought is the Jame James and New King James is the closest to the correct translation.
- @ 18:51 – Simon of Cyrene was credited as being the black man who helped Jesus with the cross. But wasn’t he an Arab or Jew with dark skin? Or was he what we consider black in the U.S.
- @ 20:49 – Are other churches that are not teaching like we do wrong?
- @ 28:11– Mark 14:7 says “The poor you will always have with you” What is this saying? It seems so negative and hopeless.
- @ 31:44 – What is it about Deuteronomy that makes it like other treaties from the time of Moses?
- @ 38:00 – This morning I read Matthew 7. It speaks of judging others and self righteousness. And then, later in the chapter, it says “Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like and does not do them will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.” and ” Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” I’ve TRIED not to judge but I judge CONSTANTLY. This chapter fills me with dread because, then, I’m not doing the will of my Father in Heaven. It sounds like He isn’t going to let me in.
- @ 46:40 – Why does the author you mentioned not believe in freewill? It sure seems like we have freewill.
- @ 52:24 – Pastor Rick Wiles says the corona virus was sent by God to purge the world of sin. And that Christians won’t get it. Isn’t there some truth in that God is allowing it?
- @ 59:02 – Matthew 8:12 refers to “the sons of the kingdom” that will be “thrown into outer darkness”. Who are the sons of the kingdom? How can I know I don’t belong to that group?
- @ 1:01:29 – I’ve been reading through Isaiah for a long time. I read most of chapter 47 this morning. There was an excerpt that seemed to really apply to what I had just been praying about. Is that the wrong application? It really felt like clarity. I’m currently having some money troubles and while I thought I had been looking at it rightly, I’m now seeing that I may have been way off. The whole chapter didn’t feel like it applied to me but I got a “sense” of being corrected, that I have been a lover of money, a “lover of luxury” because of how anxious I’ve been to never be uncomfortable. I hope this makes sense!
Subscribe to the Podcast at…
Podcast: Play in new window | Download